On 3 October, at 11.00 in the framework of the information partnership of LB.ua website and the Reanimation Package of Reforms, a round table conference "A clean environment and transparent procedures of doing business - the future of Ukraine" in the press center of Gorshenin Institute will be held.
On 4 October, 2016, Environment Day will be held in the Verkhovna Rada. During the day, the legislature is slated to consider in the second reading and possibly adopt three key bills in the field of environmental protection: the draft law on environmental impact assessment, on strategic environmental assessment and on amendments to some legislative acts of Ukraine regarding the implementation of integrated approaches to basin-based water resource management.
The adoption of these laws is critical for the improvement of the environment, the investment climate and economy development. Among other things, the adoption of these law is part of the Euro-integration obligations contained in the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement and the European Energy Community accord.
During the roundtable, experts and stakeholders will analyse the possibility and the need for these changes.
· Ostap yednak, MP, Secretary of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Environmental Policy and the aftermath of the Chernobyl accident;
· Mykola Kuzyo, Deputy Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources on European integration;
· Serhiy Vihrist, expert in the EU project "Support to Ukraine in approximation of the EU environmental acquis and implementation of international commitments";
· Olha Melen-Zabramna, expert in the RPR-Environment group; Head of the Legal Department of the IBO "Environment-People-Law;
· Tetyana Tevkun, RPR- Environment; expert on environmental policy of the Institute of Socio-Economic Research.
Moderator: Dmytro Skrylnikov, chief expert RPR-Environment group; expert EU project "Support to Ukraine in approximation of the EU environmental acquis and implementation of international commitments".
The event will start at 11:00 am with the registration of participants, the venue - the press-center of Gorshenin Institute, Kyiv, 18b, Mala Zhytomyrska St.
For more information, please contact: Olena Kravchenko 067-648-07-21