Gorshenin Institute to host discussion on consequences of Brussels attacks for Europe, Ukraine
Roundtable participants: Nalyvaychenko, Pashynskiy, Olena Sotnik.
A roundtable "Consequences of terrorist attacks in Brussels for Europe and Ukraine" will be held at Gorshenin Institute at noon on Thursday (24 March).
Organized by: Gorshenin Institute.
Questions to be discussed:
- Intensification of terrorism in Europe: causes and consequences.
- What consequences can terrorist attacks in Brussels lead to?
- Is Ukraine facing the same terrorist threats as Europe? What is common?
- How will approaches to providing European security change? How will this influence Ukraine and Ukrainians?
- What will Europe and Ukraine have to sacrifice for the sake of the security?
- Is the formation of the general system of countering international terrorism possible?
- Terrorism as an instrument in a hybrid war of particular states.
- Valentyn Nalyvaychenko, head of the Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) in 2006-2010, 2014-2015.
- Serhiy Pashynskiy, MP, head of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on National Security and Defence.
- Olena Sotnik, MP, co-head of the Group for Inter Parliamentary Relations with the Kingdom of Belgium.
- Oleh Pokalchuk, social psychologist.
- Vadym Omelchenko, President of Gorshenin Institute (online video-conference from France).
- Bohdan Ferens, founder of the association "Social and Democratic Platform"
Moderator: Sonya Koshkina, editor-in-chief of LB.ua
For accreditation, call (044) 230 49 62.
Any coverage of the event must mention the discussion organizer – Gorshenin Institute.
Gorshenin Institute address: 18b, Mala Zhytomyrska Street, Kiev (enter through the arch from Mykhaylivskyy Lane).