Interior Minister Arsen Avakov and the secretary of the National Security and Defence Council, Oleksandr Turchynov, as well as Member of the European Parliament Knut Fleckenstein and the editor of the UkraineAlert blog at the Atlantic Council, Melinda Haring, will take part in the first panel of the 9th National Expert Forum to be held by Gorshenin Institute in Kyiv on 7 June.
Discussion panel #1, "Security Formula for Ukraine. Continuation", will focus on the following questions:
- What is happening to the global security systems? Are they capable of ensuring peace and stability in the European region?
- What will the foreign policy be under Putin’s new mandate and what threats does it carry for Ukraine? Will Putin seek to reincarnate the former USSR?
- How should the Ukrainian security and defence sector be reformed to meet the new challenges?
- How is the Ukrainian army reform going? When will the Ukrainian army be able to meet NATO standards?
- What has the Donbas reintegration law changed?
- How could the Minsk process be unblocked? Do prospects for new arrangements exist?
The discussion will be moderated by Sonya Koshkina, editor in chief at LB.ua.
Other panels at the 9th National Expert Forum are "Reform Process in Ukraine: Institutionalisation" and “Digital Agenda. Innovation as a Factor for Development”.
See the full agenda of the forum here.
To register, please fill in the form here.