MainNews -

Eleven killed as Russia pounds Kharkiv with heavy artillery

So far, 31 people have been hospitalized with injuries of varying severity, the press service of the President's Office reported.

Eleven killed as Russia pounds Kharkiv with heavy artillery
Photo: Screenshot

According to the latest data, the head of the Kharkiv regional state administration, Oleg Synegubov, said 11 people died after the shelling of Kharkiv by Russia.

The head of the Kharkiv region announced this on his Telegram page.

"Because of the shelling that is still going on, we can't count our losses. At the moment, we have 11 people dead. We have dozens of wounded people. There are shellings in areas of Oleksiyivka, Saltivka, Pavlopol. Dozens of civilians are being killed when people go to pharmacies and shops to buy medicines and products," said Synegubov. 

According to Synegubov, the Russian enemy is shelling from heavy artillery entire residential areas of Kharkiv, where there are no military facilities.

"Today, we have been attacked by enemy helicopters and bombers. Our Armed Forces repulsed these attacks, repulsed them with dignity. We continue to strengthen our defensive positions," Synegubov added.

According to the press service of the President's Office, after the last shelling of the city of Kharkiv, 31 people with injuries of varying severity went to hospitals. In total, for the previous days, 44 wounded people have been transported to the Kharkiv city clinical hospital of the ambulance and emergency medical care named after prof. OI Meshchaninov and the city clinical multidisciplinary hospital №25. Seven of them have died. 

"What is happening in Kharkiv now is a war crime against the Ukrainian people! It is a genocide of the Ukrainian people," the head of the Kharkiv region said. "The struggle continues! Our positions are powerful. The victory will be ours!"

Today, on 28 February, Kharkiv suffered a massive blow from GRAD weapons from the Russian occupiers. Oleh Synegubov said that the city had been repelling the occupiers' attack all night and destroying equipment columns on the approaches to the positions. Currently, the city is under the control of the Armed Forces.

A curfew was imposed in the region from 3:00 pm on Monday, 28 February, until the morning of Tuesday, 1 March.

Read news on social networks Facebook, Twitter and Telegram