On Friday night, Russia launched another attack on Ukraine, firing 17 missiles of various types and 31 kamikaze drones. The Ukrainian air defence forces destroyed 10 cruise missiles, 23 Shaheds and two enemy reconnaissance drones, the press service of the Air Force Command has said.
"Another night attack by the Russian occupiers began at the end of the previous day on 25 May at 22:00 and lasted until 5:00 on 26 May. This time, the enemy shifted the direction of the attack to the east, attacking critical infrastructure and facilities of the Ukrainian Defence Forces," it said.
In total, 17 missiles of various types and 31 attack drones were launched:
- 10 Kh-101/Kh-555 cruise missiles from Tu-95MS aircraft from the Caspian Sea;
- seven S-300/S-400 anti-aircraft guided missiles from the Tokmak area (Zaporizhzhya Region);
- 31 Iranian-made Shahed-136/131 strike UAVs from the southern and northern directions.
They were destroyed in the areas of responsibility of the East, Centre and South air commands:
- 10 Kh-101/Kh-555 air-launched cruise missiles;
- 23 Shahed-136/131 attack drones;
- two operational and tactical level UAVs Orlan-10, "Merlin-VR.
Strike UAVs and several S-300/S-400 air defence systems were observed in Kharkiv and Dnipropetrovsk regions.