President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy has enacted the decision of the National Security and Defence Council to impose economic sanctions on more than 100 individuals and 37 legal entities. The list includes former Ukrainian officials.
Zelenskyy signed the relevant decrees No. 758/2023 and No. 759/2023 today.
The sanctions are imposed for 5 and 10 years respectively.
The Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council is responsible for monitoring the implementation of the decision of the National Security and Defence Council enacted by these decrees.
The sanctions were imposed, in particular, against former Prime Minister Mykola Azarov, former Minister of Education Dmytro Tabachnyk, former MP Oleh Tsaryov, the head of the occupying administration of Crimea Serhiy Aksyonov, and MP of the IV-VIII convocations Dmytro Svyatash. The list also includes the head of the LPR, Leonid Pasichnyk, and a member of the State Duma of Russia, Dmitry Sablin.
Restrictions were also imposed on 100 individuals and 37 legal entities.
The sanctions include:
- blocking of assets
- temporary deprivation of the right to use and dispose of assets belonging to an individual or legal entity, as well as assets in respect of which such a person may directly or indirectly (through other individuals or legal entities) perform actions identical in content to the exercise of the right to dispose of them;
- restriction of trading operations (complete restriction);
- restriction, partial or complete cessation of transit of resources, flights and transportation through the territory of Ukraine (complete restriction);
- preventing the withdrawal of capital from Ukraine;
- suspension of economic and financial obligations.