Gorshenin Institute opens its VI National Expert Forum with the first panel discussion, entitled "Decentralisation and state integrity", streamed live by LB.ua.
Click here for the live stream in English.
Participants in the panel discussion include:
- Ivan Miklos, co-chairman of Strategic Advisory Group for Support of Ukrainian Reforms (SAGSUR).
- Oleh Synyutka, head of the Lviv Regional State Administration;
- Yuriy Harbuz, head of the Luhansk Regional Military and Civil Administration;
- Roman Bezsmertnyy, Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of Ukraine, Deputy Prime Minister of Ukraine for Administrative and Territorial Reform in 2005.
Panel experts: Viktoriya Ptashnyk, MP; Vira Nanivska, chairwoman of the Anna Yaroslavna Collegium; Yuriy Hanushchak, director of the Territory Development Institute; Vitaliy Kulyk, director of the Centre for Civil Society Studies; Mariya Repko, deputy director of the Centre for Economic Strategy; Taras Chornovil, political expert.
Questions for discussion:
· Building an effective governance model under decentralisation;
· Ways to resolve the crisis in Ukraine. The role of local communities;
· Competitive advantages of the regions. How should Ukrainian regions implement their potential best?
· Decentralisation: a wrong way or a real answer to the problems in Ukraine?
· Future of Donbas as part of Ukraine.
The discussion panel is moderated by Sonya Koshkina, editor in chief at LB.ua.