Experts discuss two-fold hike in minimum wage
What are the implications for national budget and employers?
On 31 October, Monday, 2016 at 12:00 Gorshenin Institute will hold a round table on the topic "Two-fold raise in minimum wage: the triumph of social justice or populism."
Issues for discussion:
- Two-fold raise in minimum wage - economic or political step of the government?
- Will the parliament support the Cabinet's move?
- Whom and how the minimum wage change will impact? What are the implicit numbers and indicators?
- How a sharp change in the minimum wage will impact the national budget?
- How a sharp change in the minimum wage will impact small, medium and big businesses? What does it spell for employers?
- How the minimum wage hike will impact the purchasing power and living standards of Ukrainians?
Participants of the round table:
- Andriy Reva, Minister of Social Policy of Ukraine;
- Boryslav Rosenblatt, MP, PPB;
- Vadym Ivchenko, MP, Fatherland;
- Natalya Shapoval, Director, Research Department the Kyiv School of Economics (KSE);
- Yevhen Kapinus, Deputy Minister of Finance of Ukraine.
Roundtable moderator: Sonya Koshkina, LB.ua Editor-In-Chief
The organizer of the roundtable: Gorshenin Institute
Make sure to mention Gorshenin Institute as the event organizer in the news coverage.
Contacts for media accreditation: (044) 230 49 62
The address of Gorshenin Institute: Kyiv, 18b Mala Zhytomyrska St. (entrance through the arch from Mikhailivskyy lane)