2,652 soldiers died, 9,578 wounded since ATO start
The antiterrorist operation has started three years ago.
Since the beginning of the anti-terrorist operation in Donbas on 14 April, 2014, more than 2.6 thousand Ukrainians were killed in combat, the Spokesman of the Defense Ministry on the ATO Col. Andriy Lysenko told a briefing on Friday.
"Over three years in the combat for freedom, independence and territorial integrity of Ukraine, 2,652 officers and employees of the Armed Forces, the National Guard, the Security Service, Interior Ministry, the State Border Service and other military and security agencies have been killed and 9,578 wounded," Lysenko said.
Previously, it was reported that 69 Ukrainian servicemen have been killed and over 420 have been wounded in the combat zone in Donbas since the beginning of the year.