LB.ua is broadcasting live a roundtable, "Law on the creation of land market. Key opportunities and risks".
The event is organised by Gorshenin Institute with information support from LB.ua.
Points for discussion:
1. The main provisions of the draft law on amendments to some legislative acts of Ukraine regarding the turnover of agricultural land tabled by the relevant parliamentary committee.
2. Analysis of the mechanism for the sale of land provided by law: how transparent and comprehensible is the procedure for transferring land into ownership?
3. Does the law protect against land speculation, does it take into account corruption risks? How reasonable are concerns that "foreigners and oligarchs" will buy up Ukrainian land?
4. What are the potential risks if legal entities are allowed to purchase land?
5. How transparently is the law securing the right of citizens to buy out land for farming?
6. What opportunities does the law provide for creating a favourable investment climate?
7. Who benefits from the opening of land market the most?
8. Does the law provide for an increase in the economic welfare of the population?
Oleksiy Mushak, adviser to the Prime Minister of Ukraine on economic issues;
Anatoliy Hirshfeld, people's deputy of Ukraine of the VIII convocation;
Leonid Kozachenko, president of the Ukrainian Agrarian Confederation;
Ivan Slobodyanyk, chairman of the Committee of the Association of Farmers and Private Land Owners of Ukraine, chairman of Agro-Prodovolcha Rada;
Leonid Koreyba, chairman of Centre for the Development of Land Legal Relations in Ukraine NGO;
Volodymyr Pechko, chairman of Association of Gardeners, Winegrowers and Winemakers of Ukraine NGO.
The discussion is moderated by Natalya Klauning, director of communications at Gorshenin Institute.
Any media coverage of the event must mention Gorshenin Institute as its organiser.