The Cabinet of Ministers has decided to introduce tighter measures to curb the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus until 24 April 2020.
A cabinet resolution to this effect will have a new wording, the government portal says.
The number of Covid-19 patients in Ukraine increases by 10% on a daily basis.
"In order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus disease, it is proposed to introduce an effective combination of preventive non-drug measures, including home isolation, social distance for people over 60 years of age, restrictions on visits to parks and recreation areas, and so on," Health Minister Maksym Stepanov said.
During quarantine, it will be banned to:
- stay in public places without a mask or respirator;
- move in a group of more than two people, except in cases of official necessity or when accompanying children;- stay in public places for persons under 16 years of age, unaccompanied by adults;
- visit parks, recreation areas, forest parks and coastal zones, except when walking pets by one person or in case of official necessity;
- visit sports and playgrounds;
- hold all mass (cultural, entertainment, sports, social, religious, advertising and other) events in which more than 10 people take part, except for events necessary to ensure the work of state authorities and local governments.
Some restrictive measures have already been put in place by local authorities.