Today, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced a new security assistance package to reaffirm the steadfast US support for Ukraine, including to bolster its air defences and sustain its artillery ammunition needs. This package, which totals up to $1.2 billion, is being provided under the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI).
The capabilities in this package include:
· Additional air defence systems and munitions;
· Equipment to integrate Western air defence launchers, missiles, and radars with Ukraine's air defence systems;
· Ammunition for counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems;
· 155mm artillery rounds;
· Commercial satellite imagery services;
· Support for training, maintenance, and sustainment activities.