The Cabinet of Ministers has dismissed all deputy ministers of defence. The first deputy minister, Lieutenant General Oleksandr Pavliuk, was not dismissed.
The decision was made on 18 September. This was announced by Taras Melnychuk, the Verkhovna Rada representative in the government.
List of dismissed:
- Volodymyr Valerianovych Havrylov from the post of Deputy Minister of Defence of Ukraine
- Rostyslav Zamlynskyy from the position of Deputy Minister of Defence of Ukraine
- Malyar Hanna Vasylivna from the position of Deputy Minister of Defence of Ukraine
- Sharapov Denys Oleksandrovych from the position of Deputy Minister of Defence of Ukraine
- Andriy Vitaliyovych Shevchenko from the position of Deputy Minister of Defence of Ukraine for European Integration
- Vitaliy Olehovych Deyneha from the position of the Deputy Minister of Defence of Ukraine on digital development, digital transformations and digitalisation
- Vashchenko Kostiantyn Oleksandrovych from the position of State Secretary of the Ministry of Defence of Ukraine.
The dismissal comes on the background of a recent change in the Minister of Defence: Rustem Umerov has been appointed to head the ministry instead of Oleksiy Reznikov. This appointment took place against the backdrop of high-profile scandals with MoD procurement and alleged abuses.
Some deputies, such as Zamlynskyy, Malyar and others, were appointed before the full-scale invasion. Malyar was actually a deputy even before Oleksiy Reznikov was appointed.
Some, like Shevchenko and Deynega, were appointed in the course of the ministry's anti-corruption efforts, after the food procurement scandal.