Experts to discuss first job contest in Supreme Court
What candidates with dubious reputations run for posts in the new Supreme Court?
On 5 April, at 12:00 Gorshenin Institute and the Reanimation Package of Reforms with the support of LB.ua site will hold a roundtable conference "The first evaluation of the contest in the Supreme Court: what went wrong and what can be done."
The event will take place in the press center of Gorshenin Institute (Kyiv, 18b Mala Zhytomyrska St.).
Last week, the High Qualification Commission of Judges announced the results of the next stage of the job competition to the Supreme Court , which indicate possible fraud during the evaluation of practical tasks.
Another dubious step was the sudden change in the passing score, which allowed further participation in the competition 43 candidates that had not secured the minimum passing score.
This course of events not only casts doubt on the transparency of the selection of candidates for the SC but is capable of derailing the judicial reform as a whole.
Questions arise: is there a falsification of the contest in the Supreme Court? How was the practical work of the candidates evaluated? What candidates with a dubious reputation run for posts in the new Supreme Court and whether checking of their integrity will prove effective?
These issues will be discussed during the round table: "The first evaluation of the contest in the Supreme Court: what went wrong and what can be done?"
- Leonid Yemets, MP (People's Front), First Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Legal Policy and Justice, a candidate for the position in the SC;
- Ruslan Sydorovych, MP (Self-help), a member of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Legal Policy and Justice, a candidate for the position in the SC;
- Mykhailo Zhernakov, a member of Integrity Public Council, chief expert of the Judicial Reform group, a member of the board in RPR;
- Vitaliy Shabunin, COB Center for Prevention of Corruption, member of the RPR council;
- Andriy Kozlov, a member of the High Qualification Commission of Judges.
Moderator - Iryna Solomko, head of RPR communication department.
Contacts for media accreditation: (044) 230 49 62
Any media coverage of the event must mention Gorshenin Institute as its organizer.
The address of Gorshenin Institute: Kyiv, 18b Mala Zhytomyrska St. (entrance through the arch from Mykhaylivskyy Lane).