LB.ua is broadcasting live a roundtable, "Will children know foreign languages after they complete the New Ukrainian School programme?".
The event is co-organised by Gorshenin Institute and the British Council Ukraine with information support from LB.ua news portal.
Points for discussion:
1. What are the modern requirements to the command of foreign languages?
2. Why did the traditional approaches to learning foreign languages at school prove ineffective as a whole? What "mistakes of the pasts" are taken into account in the New Ukrainian School programme”?
3. How will foreign languages be taught in the New Ukrainian School? What fundamental changes does educational reform bring? What level of knowledge of foreign languages does the New Ukrainian School provide?
4. What support have the British Council, Goethe-Institut and Institut Français provided to the New Ukrainian School reform? How are they planning to support it in the future?
1. Oksana Kovalenko, leading expert at the department for general secondary and pre-school education of the Education Ministry;
2. Simon Etherton, Head of English at the British Council Ukraine;
3. Dr. Katharina Buck, Deputy Head, Head of Language Department at Goethe-Institut Ukraine;
4. Fabrice Peutot, attache for cooperation in French, the Embassy of France in Ukraine, Institut Français Ukraine
The event is moderated by Natalya Klauning, Director for Communications at Gorshenin Institute.
Any coverage of the event must mention Gorshenin Institute and the British Council Ukraine as its co-organisers.