LB.ua is broadcasting live a roundtable “Decentralisation. Local authorities’ view”.
It is organised by Gorshenin Institute with information support from LB.ua.
Points for discussion:
1. What political, economic and social changes have occurred in urban life since the beginning of decentralization in Ukraine?
2. Achievements and drawbacks of Ukrainian decentralization.
3. What political rights do cities and other territorial units need?
4. Economic aspect of decentralization as seen by town heads.
5. What local self-government thinks about the institution of prefect.
· Oleksandr Slobozhan, executive director of the Association of Cities of Ukraine.
· Serhiy Sukhomlin, Zhytomyr mayor;
· Vasyl Sydor, Slavutych mayor;
· Volodymyr Kovalenko , Nova Kakhovka mayor;
· Anatoliy Fedoruk, Bucha mayor;
· Anatoliy Dushko, Baranivka mayor;
The event is moderated by Natalya Klauning, director of communications at Gorshenin Institute.
Any coverage of the event must mention Gorshenin Institute as its organiser.