Gorshenin Institute will host a roundtable “Decentralisation. Local authorities’ view” on Tuesday, 18 February. The event will begin at 11.00 a.m.
It is organised by Gorshenin Institute with information support from LB.ua.
Points for discussion:
1. What political, economic and social changes have occurred in urban life since the beginning of decentralization in Ukraine?
2. Achievements and drawbacks of Ukrainian decentralization.
3. What political rights do cities and other territorial units need?
4. Economic aspect of decentralization as seen by town heads.
5. What local self-government thinks about the institution of prefect.
- Anatoliy Dushko , Baranivka mayor;
- Volodymyr Kovalenko , Nova Kakhovka mayor;
- Vasyl Sydor, Slavutych mayor;
- Serhiy Sukhomlin, Zhytomyr mayor;
- Anatoliy Fedoruk, Bucha mayor;
- Oleksandr Slobozhan, executive director of the Association of Cities of Ukraine.
The event is moderated by Natalya Klauning, director of communications at Gorshenin Institute.
For media accreditation, call (044) 230 49 62.
Any coverage of the event must mention Gorshenin Institute as its organiser.
Venue: Kyiv, 18b, Mala Zhytomyrska St (enter through the arch from Mykhaylivskyy Lane)