The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) reports on Telegam that it has identified more than 6,000 organizers of pseudo-referendums in the occupied territories of Ukraine since the beginning of the full-scale invasion.
According to the report, the SBU also initiated the application of the National Security and Defence Council sanctions against almost 100 Russian-controlled "foreign observers". Through these "tourists", Kremlin tried to legalize the pseudo-referendums and their "results".
According to the investigation, all the detained persons facilitated the illegal measures for the fake "accession" of the occupied territories of Donetsk, Luhansk, Zaporizhzhya, Mykolayiv and Kherson regions to Russia.
- Thus, the SBU detained a representative of the so-called "election commission" in Kherson, who campaigned for the "accession" of the region to the aggressor country. The offender went around the apartments of multi-storey buildings in one of the city districts and urged people to "vote" for the Kremlin project.
- In Mykolayiv Region, the activities of three Russian agents engaged in the preparation and promotion of pseudo-voting were neutralized.
- SBU identified all representatives of the so-called "public chamber of the "Donetsk People's Republic" in Donetsk Region. They sent an "urgent appeal" to the terrorist leader Pushilin demanding immediate separation of the region from Ukraine with its further accession to Russia.
- In Luhansk Region, the SBU identified a "Luhansk People's Republic deputy" who publicly supported sending a similar "letter" to another terrorist leader Pasichnyk.
- Another 11 organizers of the fake referendum were exposed in Zaporizhzhya Region. Among them are four so-called heads of "territorial election commissions". The perpetrators collected the personal data of local residents to compile "voter lists" and send them to the occupational administration. Subsequently, the enemy used this information to falsify the results of illegal voting.
Investigative and operative actions are ongoing to identify other persons involved in subversive activities in favour of Moscow.