On 8 September, 2017, 11:00, Gorshenin Institute will host a round table conference on the topic: "How the US-North Korea confrontation threatens the world?" Organizer of the round table – Gorshenin Institute
Questions for discussion:
- · What is the real threat of North Korean nuclear program?
- · Is it possible to resolve the North Korean crisis exclusively by political and diplomatic means? Under what conditions?
- · How can the US president Donald Trump handle the problem of the North Korean nuclear program?
- · The interests and role of China, Russia and South Korea in the North Korean conflict.
- · The scenarios of the further development of the conflict. How likely is the use of nuclear weapons?
Participants of the round table:
- · Park Heung-Kweun, Counsellor-envoy of the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Ukraine;
- · Jason Smart, American political scientist, director of the non-governmental organization For a free Ukraine;
- · Vitaliy Kulyk, political scientist, director of the Center for Civil Society Studies;
- · Mykhailo Pashkov, Director of Programs on Foreign Policy and International Security, the Razumkov Center;
- · Mykola Beleskov, an analyst at the Institute of World Politics.
The round table will be moderated by Dmytro Ostroushko, the director of international programs of Gorshenin Institute.
Contacts for media accreditation: (044) 230 49 62
Any media coverage of the event must mention Gorshenin Institute as its organizer.
The address of Gorshenin Institute: Kyiv, 18b Mala Zhytomyrska St. (entrance through the arch from Mykhaylivskyy Lane).