The stream of the online roundtable "Future of the Schengen zone after coronavirus" is available here. Questions to speakers can be asked in the chat section.
The event is organised by Gorshenin Institute with support from the internet portal LB.ua.
Points for discussion:
1. The EU after coronavirus. What conclusions should Europe make?
2. Can the Schengen model be revised? Which vulnerabilities does it have?
3. Should the security system of the Schengen zone be revised?" Should the EU migration legislation be revised?
4. Army as a tool in the fight against the pandemic. Will the pandemic prompt Europe to consider the creation of its own defence?
5. Does Ukraine have a chance to join the Schengen agreement after the pandemic? Or Europe will suspend any steps towards such countries as Ukraine?
6. Will European employment regulations for Ukrainians and other nationalities change?
- Dmitri Teperik, International Centre for Defence and Security Chief Executive, head of the Sustainable Ukraine programme (Estonia);
- Viktoriya Vdovychenko, historian, expert in Italy's foreign policy, associate member of the Ukrainian Prism Foreign Policy Council;
- Vitaliy Martynyuk, executive director of the Strategy XXI Global Studies Centre;
- Oleksandr Demchenko, editor of the World department on the internet portal LB.ua.
The discussion is moderated by Natalya Klauning, director for communications at Gorshenin Institute.
Any coverage of the event must mention Gorshenin Institute as its organiser.