Gorshenin Institute will host a roundtable discussion entitled "Key military challenges to Ukraine and its response capacity" on Wednesday, 7 August. The event will begin at 11 a.m. local time.
It is organised by Gorshenin Institute and the Ukrainian Security Studies Institute.
Points for discussion:
1. What are the reasons for military scenarios against Ukraine today?
2. What forms of military scenarios threaten Ukraine?
3. What potential does Ukraine have for preventing, responding to and counteracting the development of negative military scenarios?
4. What urgent measures should be taken to prepare the state for negative military scenarios?
5. Preparation of non-military counteraction levers. Training of the defence forces – key highlights. Interaction between the authorities and the public sector.
1. Valentyn Badrak, director of the Centre for Army, Conversion and Disarmament Studies, a board member of the Ukrainian Security Studies Institute
2. Oleksiy Gridin, head of the Centre for Public Management and Administration CUBE, a board member of the Ukrainian Security Studies Institute
3. Sergiy Zgurets, director of Defense Express Media & Consulting Company, a board member of the Ukrainian Security Studies Institute
4. Ivan Aparshyn, assistant to the head of the Presidential Office of Ukraine
5. Viktor Sokolov, first vice-president of Gorshenin Institute
For media accreditation, call (050) 6000 278.
Any media coverage of the event must mention Gorshenin Institute and the Ukrainian Security Studies Institute as its organisers.
Venue: Gorshenin Institute, 18b, Mala Zhytomyrska St (enter through the arch from Mykhaylivskyy Lane), Kyiv.