Gorshenin Institute will host a roundtable "Battle for land. In search of compromise" at 11 a.m. on Thursday, 21 November.
The event is organised by Gorshenin Institute with information support from LB.ua.
Points for discussion:
- Main provisions of the draft law on amendments to certain legislative acts of Ukraine regarding the turnover of farmland, which was given the first reading in parliament.
- What mechanism of the sale of land does the bill foresee?
- To what extent does the bill passed in the first reading protect all market players from land fraud? To what extent does it take into account corruption risks?
- What are the consequences of allowing companies that have foreign investors to buy agricultural land?
- How will the value of land be determined? What important factors should be considered during pricing?
- Roksolana Pidlasa, Ukrainian MP, Servant of the People
- Vadym Ivchenko, Ukrainian MP, Fatherland
- Andriy Martyn, Senior Project Manager for Land Reform, Office of Reforms, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine
- Leonid Kozachenko, President of the Ukrainian Agrarian Confederation
- Liliya Tymakina, Law Director, Astarta Kyiv Agricultural Holding
- Oleksiy Sidorov, Director of Strategy and Development, Agromino
- Andriy Golub, Senior Lawyer, Grischenko & Partners IP Law and Patent Firm
The discussion is moderated by Natalya Klauning, communications director at Gorshenin Institute.
For accreditation, call (044) 230 49 62.
Any coverage of the event must mention Gorshenin Institute as its organizer.
Venue: Gorshenin Institute, 18b, Mala Zhytomyrska St (enter through the arch from Mykhaylivskyy Lane), Kyiv.