Experts to discuss new legislation for development of Ukrainian cinematography
What is the significance of changes in the law for the production of national films?
On 18 October, at 11 am, Gorshenin Institute in the information partnership with Reanimation Package of Reforms and the support of LB.ua will host a round table titled "New legislation for the development of Ukrainian cinema".
The event will be held in the press center of Gorshenin Institute
Ukrainian legislators plan to consider on Thursday, 19 October, a package of bills related to of cinematography (№№ 3238-р, 3239-р, 3240). These bills suggest changes in the tax, customs and budget codes and should be adopted in accordance with the approved in March Law № 1977- VIII "On State Support of Cinematography in Ukraine" and are part of the package.
The support mechanisms suggested in the legislation are designed to be the most important factors contributing to the protection of national cultural and information space from the actual and potential threats to national security of Ukraine in the humanitarian sphere. The planned steps to reform the industry will fail without their adoption and put the production of national films on backburner.
Reporters will learn during the round table how these legislative changes will influence the production of national film and development of high quality and competitive Ukrainian cinema, and why it is important to adopt them.
- Yevheniya Derbal, legal advisor FILM. UA Group, # Kinokraina;
- Olha Panteleymon, CEO Star Media, # Kinokraina;
- Volodymyr Tyhy, film director, film producer, curator of the project Babel 13;
- Volodymyr Yatsenko, producer, chairman of the Public Council under the State Committee for Cinematography, Association of Ukrainian Film industry;
- Serhiy Haletiy, chairman, NSCU Commission on proposals for legislative initiatives, expert for culture group, Reanimation Package of Reforms.
Moderator – Iryna Solomko, head of the communications department of the RPR
Contacts for media accreditation: (044) 230 49 62
Any media coverage of the event must mention Gorshenin Institute as its organizer.
The address of Gorshenin Institute: Kyiv, 18b Mala Zhytomyrska St. (entrance through the arch from Mykhaylivskyy Lane).