On 1 November, at 11 am, Gorshenin Institute will host a round table conference titled "Job Contest to the Constitutional Court of Ukraine: what to expect?" prepared jointly with the Reanimation Package of Reforms think tank, and with the support of the LB.ua.
The event will be held in the Gorshenin Institute press center (Kyiv, 18b Mala Zhytomyrska St.).
The selection of candidates for the position of judges of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine began on a competitive basis has taken off. The Verkhovna Rada and the president shall based on the results of this selection appoint two CCU judges. The Congress of Judges will appoint one judge.
Already on November 13, the Congress of Judges will elect a new judge of the Constitutional Court, and four more new judges of the Constitutional Court will be appointed by the yearend by the parliament and the president.
- Will the CCU overhaul help overcoming the crisis of constitutional court proceedings?
- How does the procedure of selection of new judges go on and how should it affect the CCU?
- How the conformity of the Constitutional Court judges with constitutional requirements (high moral qualities and the recognized legal competence) can be ensured?
- Vyacheslav Dzhun, Judge of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine, retired;
- Viktoria Ptashnyk, MP;
- Yulia Kyrychenko, member of the board, Reanimation Package of Reforms, expert in constitutional law;
- Bohdan Bondarenko, expert, the Center for Political and Legal Reforms.
Moderator – Iryna Solomko, head of the communications department, the RPR
Additional information and media accreditation: Iryna Nerodyk at (044) 230 49 62
Any media coverage of the event must mention Gorshenin Institute as its organizer.
The address of Gorshenin Institute: Kyiv, 18b Mala Zhytomyrska St. (entrance through the arch from Mykhaylivskyy Lane). accreditation by phone: Inna Nerodik, 096 1197337.