LB.ua is broadcasting live a roundtable discussion entitled "Will the adoption of NATO standards by the Ukrainian Armed Forces improve the country's defence capacity?".
The event is organised by Gorshenin Institute.
Points for discussion
- Introduction of NATO standards as a component of defence reform
- Ukraine's priorities regarding the introduction of NATO standards: top short-term and long-term goals
- Is it realistic to ensure full compatibility between the Ukrainian Armed Forces and NATO member states' armies as foreseen by Ukraine's new Military Doctrine
- Has the December NATO summit had any impact on Ukraine-NATO relations and has NATO's position on Russian aggression against Ukraine changed?
Participants in the roundtable
- Andriy Zagorodnyuk, Defence Minister of Ukraine,
- Alexander Vinnikov, Head of the NATO Representation to Ukraine,
- Viktor Sokolov, First Vice President of Gorshenin Institute,
- Leonid Polyakov, chairman of the Expert Council of the Centre for Army, Conversion and Disarmament Studies, first deputy defence minister of Ukraine (2005-2008), deputy defence minister of Ukraine (2014)
The discussion is moderated by Sonya Koshkina, editor in chief of LB.ua.
Any coverage of the event must mention Institute Gorshenin as its organizer.