The Cabinet of Ministers has approved the president's draft decrees on the dismissal of a number of regional state administrations, Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman has said at a government meeting, according to Ukrainian News.
The cabinet will refer them back to the president today, he added.
"We expect the presidential administration together with the Cabinet of Ministers to develop mechanisms for the selection of new applications for these posts," he said.
"There must be locally responsible managers in the regions," he added.
Interfax-Ukraine published the list of regional state administration heads whose dismissal was approved:
- Oleksandr Savchenko (Volyn),
- Oleksandr Kuts (Donetsk Region),
- Hennadiy Moskal (Transcarpathian Region),
- Kostyantyn Bryl (Zaporizhzhya Region),
- Oleh Honcharuk (Ivano-Frankivsk Region),
- Oleksandr Tereshchuk (Kyiv Region),
- Serhiy Kuzmenko (Kirovohrad Region),
- Oleh Synyutka (Lviv Region),
- Oleksiy Savchenko (Mykolayiv Region),
- Mykola Klochko (Sumy Region),
- Stepan Barna (Ternopil Region),
- Vadym Lozovyy (Khmelnytskyy Region),
- Oleksandr Mysnyk (Chernihiv Region)
Regional state administration heads began to resign after Volodymyr Zelenskyy was elected president. Under the Constitution of Ukraine, all of them must resign after a presidential election.