Gorshenin Institute will host a roundtable discussion on the freedom of speech in Ukraine, "Freedom of speech during election campaign", at 11.00 a.m. on 27 June.
The event is organised by Gorshenin Institute together with well-known rights and public activist Semen Gluzman with the support of LB.ua.
Points for discussion:
Election campaign without reliable information: reality and challenges
Attack on the freedom of speech which undermines the country's information security
The right to the freedom of speech as the foundation of a rule-of-law state and supremacy of law
- Semen Gluzman, rights and public activist,
- Volodymyr Vasylenko, expert in international law, Ukraine's ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary,
- Viktor Musiyaka, lawyer, former deputy speaker of the Ukrainian parliament,
- Yevhen Holovakha, sociologist, deputy director of the Institute of Sociology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine,
- Andriy Kulykov, journalist, TV presenter, media expert,
- Mykola Siryy, lawyer, senior researcher at the Institute of State and Law of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine,
- Oleksandra Prymachenko, journalist,
- Mykhaylo Lev, lawyer, board chairman at the Centre for Political and Legal Studies.
For accreditation, call (044) 230 49 62.
Any media coverage of the event must mention Gorshenin Institute as its organizer.
Venue: Gorshenin Institute, 18-b, Mala Zhytomyrska St, Kyiv (enter through the arch from Mykhaylivskyy Lane)