The press centre at Gorshenin Institute will host a web conference by experts of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine (AMCU) and the EU Project "Support to the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for Enforcing State Aid Rules" from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on 10 July. The discussion will focus on "State aid to undertakings in Ukraine: topical issues for the AMCU".
The introduction of the state aid system is one of the elements of reforming the country's economy, which ensures the establishment of new rules, according to which the government provides subsidies and preferences to enterprises or individual sectors of the economy in compliance with the principles of transparency, equality and proportionality. 2018 was the first full calendar year of application of the Law of Ukraine "On State Aid to Undertakings". Naturally, the fundamental change in standards raises a large number of questions and misunderstandings from both the suppliers and the recipients. AMCU specialists are always open to all sorts of questions and happy to help those wishing to master new standards.
We invite representatives of the Ukrainian central and regional executive authorities, local governments, business and expert community to send in their questions for the web conference and join the stream.
- Anna Artemenko, government representative at the AMCU,
- Stefan Sabau, Team Leader of the EU Project "Support to the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine for Enforcing State Aid Rules"
Submit your questions to the speakers by noon on 9 July by filling out the form http://bit.do/eVyTv.
Live stream of the conference will be available on LB.ua and Facebook.
Issues already on the agenda:
- New rules of state aid in Ukraine
- How does the AMCU decide whether state aid is appropriate for competition?
- What consequences will the reform of state aid have for Ukraine?
- What are the benefits of the introduction of the state aid system?
- What are the AMCU priorities for 2019?
- European experience in state aid reform which could be of use for Ukraine.