The US Department of Defense (DoD) has announced the authorization of a Presidential Drawdown of security assistance valued at up to $625 million to meet Ukraine's critical security and defence needs, it said on its website.
Capabilities in this package include:
· Four High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) and associated ammunition;
· 16 155mm Howitzers;
· 75,000 155mm artillery rounds;
· 500 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;
· 1,000 155mm rounds of Remote Anti-Armor Mine (RAAM) Systems;
· 16 105mm Howitzers;
· 30,000 120mm mortar rounds;
· 200 MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles;
· 200,000 rounds of small arms ammunition;
· Obstacle emplacement equipment;
· Claymore anti-personnel munitions.
In total, the United States has committed more than $17.5 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since January 2021, the DoD said.
Since 2014, the United States has committed more than $19.6 billion in security assistance to Ukraine and more than $16.8 billion since the beginning of Russia's unprovoked and brutal invasion on 24 February.
"To meet Ukraine's evolving battlefield requirements, the United States will continue to work with its Allies and partners to provide Ukraine with key capabilities," the DoD said.